TALK PAGES ARE NO LONGER USED
To discuss article changes, please use:
New AM pattern
Is it just me, or did they add a new Anything Muppet pattern recently? I've noticed a pear-shaped magenta pattern alongside other Anything Muppets in Season 37, forming characters such as Smelly in Episode 4114 and one of the "Breakfast Club" singers in 4113. Does anyone have any comments? --Andrew T. 05:20, 31 May 2007 (UTC)
- I've also seen several other characters made from this pattern too - such as Tony in Happy, Healthy, Ready for School. -- Brad D. (talk) 06:47, 31 May 2007 (UTC)
I just did some clean-up on all of the pattern pages, and thought it would be useful to mention some things. Since we converted these pages to full galleries, they're more comprehensive and more fun to look at. However, a few strong suggestions to make for the record.
1. Entries should be alphabetized. Characters with images go first, and those with just blanks should be listed alphabetically at the end.
2. Caution with the blank/redlinked entries. Going through the pages, we found entries like "Marvin," "Manny," "cat from Has Anybody Seen my Dog," and the like. With neither an image nor an article, these are vague and absolutely useless.
3. On a similar note, this is more of a question, but I'm equally inclined to remove such entries for minor, usually silent characters from bands or groups (I left them in for now, but I'll probably yank them later). Those are fine if there's an accompanying image to demonstrate the puppet pattern. But without it, descriptions like "The Beetles drummer and keyboardist," "How Now Brown Cow and the Moo Waves keyboardist," "The Singing Dentists background singer" and "Spaceship Surprise stoic officer" are just as confusing and useless. -- Andrew Leal (talk) 15:34, 3 February 2007 (UTC)
- I strongly agree that the black (or redlined) entries should all be removed (who is "Schnooky the Dwarf???); and I'm pretty much for taking out anybody without an image as well. If a record of those charactes is desired for completeness or whatever, the names could be parked in the discussion page for the pattern pending an image. -- Wendy (talk) 14:53, 8 February 2007 (UTC)
- Yeah, I went ahead and did so for Lavender. Especially since, without visual evidence, unless the info was added by a reliable contributor, and even then, it's hard to be sure whether the pattern designation is even correct, or just a vague memory. I know I've made such errors myself. -- Andrew Leal (talk) 16:08, 8 February 2007 (UTC)