Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Cat on a Hot Tin Roof is one of the best known plays by Tennessee Williams. It premiered in 1955 on Broadway, won the Pulitzer Prize for Drama, and was adapted into a 1958 feature film. The stage play has been revived on multiple occasions, and the film remade twice.
The story follows a Southern couple, Brick and Maggie, gathered with Brick's family to celebrate what will be his father's last birthday, and the tensions between the neglected Maggie, hard drinking Brick, and his fallout with those around him.
- The play was parodied with a "Movie Mania" interstitial for the Odyssey Channel. The cat used in the short was rebuilt from the Socks the Cat Muppet.
- Among the theatre credits listed on his resume submitted for his audition for the 2016 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, a Penguin included "Penguin on an Ice Cold Tin Roof."
- Debbie Allen directed the 2008 Broadway revival
- Ned Beatty played Big Daddy in the 2003 Broadway revival
- Charles Durning played Big Daddy in the 1990 Broadway revival
- Pat Hingle played Gooper in the original Broadway production
- James Earl Jones played Big Daddy in the 2008 Broadway revival
- Paul Newman played Brick Pollitt in the 1958 feature film
- Elizabeth Taylor played Maggie in the 1958 feature film
- Kathleen Turner played Maggie in the 1990 Broadway revival