Carnegie Hall is a famed concert hall in Manhattan, regarded as one of the most prestigious locations in the world for both classical music and popular music.
The Muppets have referenced the old Carnegie Hall saying "Practice!" in several productions:
- In episode 413 of The Muppet Show, a man asks Floyd and Zoot for directions to Carnegie Hall. Floyd replies, "Practice, man. Practice."
- In Sesame Street: 20 and Still Counting, Kermit asks passerby Don Music how to get to Sesame Street, to which Don replies "Practice!" Kermit corrects him saying "that's how you get to Carnegie Hall!"
- Clifford mentions that the Irish Rodents previously performed a two-week engagement under Carnegie Hall in episode 105 of Muppets Tonight.
- In the direct to video special What's the Name of That Song?, the Two-Headed Monster gives a tourist directions to The Statue of Liberty, Tribeca, and Carnegie Hall ("Practice, Practice, Practice!").
- In the Pepe's Profiles interview with Fozzie Bear, Fozzie mentions he'd like to play Carnegie Hall one day. Pepe the King Prawn sets him up for the standard joke, but Fozzie instead fumbles over the actual directions.
- In a Letter of the Day game segment, Cookie Monster eats Prairie Dawn's violin and bow, causing her to cry "I'll never get to Carnegie Hall!"