Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Camelot is a musical by Alan Jay Lerner and Frederick Loewe, which opened on Broadway in 1960. Based on the King Arthur legend as adapted from the T. H. White novel The Once and Future King, the Muppets have spoofed, referenced, and performed songs from the musical on numerous occasions. An unfinished script outline was produced for Muppets in Camelot, but the project never went into full development.
Selections performed by the Muppets
- Episode 305 of The Muppet Show featured the jousting scene from Camelot for the closing number. But after discovering they couldn't afford the rights to the music, they substituted songs from West Side Story, My Fair Lady, Guys and Dolls, and Hello, Dolly!.
- Julie Andrews originated the role of Queen Guenevere on Broadway.
- Mary Sue Berry was a choral singer and understudied Nimue in the original Broadway production.
- Robert Goulet originated the role of Lancelot du Lac on Broadway (1960) and played Arthur in the 1993 revival
- Jeremy Irons played Arthur in a 2011 Broadway benefit performance.
- Michael Kilgarriff played Sir Paul in the 1967 film.
- Vanessa Redgrave played Guenevere in the 1967 film.
- Paxton Whitehead played King Pellinore in the 1980 Broadway revival.