CNN is a news network founded in 1980 by Ted Turner. The first to provide 24-hour news coverage for television, CNN expanded to the Internet in 1995. CNN is owned and operated by Turner Broadcasting System, a subsidary of Time Warner.
- Rosita appeared on the program Your Bottom Line
- Reggie Aqui, for CNN.com Live, interviewed Zoe and Melissa Dino on July 2, 2008 shortly after the release of Sesame Workshop's Love the Earth home video.
- American Morning featured Elmo and Alan Muraoka on November 30, 2005.
- Living in the 90s featured a promotional piece for The Muppet Christmas Carol in 1992.
- Larry King Live has featured multiple Muppet appearances.
- Sonia Manzano appeared on CNN.com Live to promote the 40th Anniversary on November 10, 2009.
- Carolina Escobar, for CNN en Español, interviewed Rosita and Emilio Delgado on November 16, 2009.
- Elmo and Rosita appear in December 2010 
- Elmo and Carol-Lynn Parente appear on the "Smart is the New Rich" segment with Christine Romans to talk about Sesame Street's STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) education initiative. 
- Big Bird, Blue Jay and Rosemarie Truglio appeared on October 14, 2011 to promote an anti-bullying episode.
- Erin Burnett OutFront featured Kevin Clash and Elmo for Being Elmo: A Puppeteer's Journey on October 24, 2011.
- Elmo appeared on HLN on November 24, 2011 before the Macy's Parade.
- Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy appear on CNN iReporter to promote The Muppets on November 27, 2011.
- Kermit appeared again on CNN's New Year's Eve Live with Anderson Cooper and Special Co-Host Kathy Griffin on December 31, 2011 to promote the film.
- The Dinosaurs universe equivalent is DNN (Dinosaur News Network).
- In Sesame Street Stays Up Late!, several monsters report for MNN (Monster News Network).
- Sesame Street spoofed the network as GNN (Grouch News Network) in Episode 4160.
- Anderson Cooper has been with CNN since 2002, and is the host of Anderson Cooper 360.
- Katie Couric served as a correspondant for CNN
- David Gergen is a political contributor for the network
- Larry King has been with CNN since 1985
- Bernard Shaw was an anchor and reporter with the network from 1980 to 2001