Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|DESIGN||Ed Christie designer/builder|
Butch is a Bengal tiger who made various appearances on Sesame Street. He was the first Muppet designed and built by Ed Christie, and originally appeared as a saber-toothed tiger (performed by Brian Muehl) in the "Toothbrush" sketch of the Caveman Days series. The puppet was also used on The Muppet Show, starting in season 4.
The tiger was named onscreen in episode 416 (performed by Jim Henson), when he teamed up with a lion as "Butch and Sundance", running away from an animal training act. (This is a reference to the 1969 film, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.)
- Sesame Street
- The Muppet Show
- Episode 404: Dyan Cannon
- Episode 410: Kenny Rogers
- Episode 416: Jonathan Winters (performed by Jim Henson)
- Episode 422: Andy Williams (Performed by Jerry Nelson)
- Episode 509: Debbie Harry
- Episode 513: Tony Randall
- Episode 516: Gladys Knight
- Episode 517: Hal Linden ("Just an Old Fashioned Girl")
- Episode 524: Roger Moore (performed by Brian Muehl)
- The Muppets: A Celebration of 30 Years
- Muppets Tonight (in audience)
- Mopatop's Shop