Bruce Springsteen (b. 1949) is an American Rock star best known for such rock songs "Born to Run," "Dancing in the Dark" and "Born in the U.S.A."
- Kermit appears as "Kermit Greenstreen" in the Summer 1985 issue of Muppet Magazine, and again as Kermit Greenstein singing "Spawned in the U.S.A. in the 1993 Muppet Trading Cards set.
- Springsteen's song "Dancing in the Dark" was turned into a music video spoof in episode 211 of Muppets Tonight.
- The Sesame Street character Bruce Stringbean sings several spoofs of Springsteen's songs, including "Barn in the USA" and "Born to Add". The cover of Born to Add was also a parody of Springsteen's "Born to Run" album cover.
- A Hebrew Bruce Springsteen poster is shown being hung in the Shalom Sesame episode "The Land of Israel." It is also seen hung on the studio of wall of during the "Rechov Video" segments in the show's first five episodes.
- The coloring book Great Muppets in American History also features Kermit once again as Springsteen, and Floyd's Record Rap in the Fall 1986 issue of Muppet Magazine covers one of Springsteen's albums.
- In 2011, H&M offered a t-shirt with the Kermit Greenstreen image from Muppet Magazine.