In each episode, Bear would visit a different home and follow one child's morning ritual, often beginning with a surprise wake-up call from Bear, and finishing with Bear and his new friend enjoying breakfast or heading out to school. Throughout the morning, Bear aided the child with their daily preparations, hygienic needs, games, songs, breakfast, and other daily traditions.
Segments from other shows in the programming block varied in length, so the framing sequences of the hour-long Breakfast with Bear block totaled between 15 to 20 minutes per episode.
Five original songs from the series were released on a Playhouse Disney CD in October 2005.
- Kayla of Poughkeepsie, NY
- Christopher of New York City's "Big Apple Circus"
- Brittany of Bronx NY
- Paige of Elmont, NY
- Abigail of Westport, CT
- Ryan of Granada Hills, CA
- Amanda of Oxnard, CA
- Rachel of San Marino, CA
- Giavanna of West Hills, CA
- Noah of Northridge, CA
- Rachel of Cypress, CA
- Mackenzie of Fallbrook, CA
- Jonathan at Fort Irwin National Training Center (U.S. Army Base near Barstow, CA)
- The Walt Disney Company. Breakfast With Bear Press Release. May 31, 2005