Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Brazil is the largest and most populous country in South America. The national language is Portuguese, and the country is distinguished by its coffee, Brazil nuts, and native dances.
In April 2007, a new one-hour package was announced, featuring dubbed episodes Play With Me Sesame, Elmo's World, and Global Grover, and new localized film inserts. The package, which will air under the Vila Sésamo banner, was scheduled to debut at some point in October 2007 on TV Cultura. 
TV Futura had planned a co-production in 2003, which never came to fruition.
TV Cultura launched a new Vila Sésamo in october 29, 2007.
- Petula Clark sang "The Boy from Ipanema," a variation on "The Girl from Ipanema," on episode 220 of The Muppet Show. The famous bossa nova song is set in a fashionable district in Rio de Janeiro, the country's second largest city.
- "Aquarela do Brasil," a patriotic Brazilian samba, is performed by a Scotsman on bagpipes in The Muppet Show episode 317.
- In Sesame Street Episode 2483, Tío José regales Elmo with the tale of his travels in Brazil, in a quest for the lost Wherearewe tribe.
- "The Coffee Song", also known as "They've Got an Awful Lot of Coffee in Brazil," is performed in Muppets Tonight Episode 203, celebrating that key Brazilian export.
- When Gloria Globe sings "I Am the World", she shows that her mouth is located in Brazil, so he can taste the coffee.
Known dubs of Muppet/Henson productions include the following:
- O Muppet Show (The Muppet Show)
- O Mundo dos Fraggles (Fraggle Rock)
- Muppet Babies
- Família Dinossauros (Dinosaurs)
- Labirinto - A Magia do Tempo (Labyrinth)
- O Urso na Casa Azul (Bear in the Big Blue House)
- O Cristal Encantado (The Dark Crystal)