Big V is a long-nosed Muppet monster who ate Kermit in the classic "Inchworm" sketch, performed on various variety shows in the 1960's. This sketch was performed again in The Muppet Show, but with Gorgon Heap taking the role of the monster.
Big V made a smattering of appearances in other late 1960s and early 1970s Henson projects. In many of the appearances unrelated to the "Inchworm" sketch, his nose was truncated.
- He appeared in the title role in Shrinkenstein, a 1967 industrial film made for Pak-Nit.
- He swallowed Mack in a Southern Bell Telephone ad in the late 1960s.
- He appeared in a 1969 Sesame Street sketch where he ate Kermit's radio. (First: Episode 0039)
- He had a cameo appearance in the 1970 special Hey Cinderella!
- An animated version of Big V appeared in an episode of the animated Fraggle Rock series, parodying the "Inchworm" sketch.
- Big V appeared alongside Gorgon Heap in the 2010 comic book arc Muppet Snow White.