Big V is a long-nosed Muppet monster who ate Kermit in "The Glow-Worm" sketch, performed on various variety shows in the 1960's. This sketch was performed again in The Muppet Show, but with Gorgon Heap taking the role of the monster.
Big V made a smattering of appearances in other late 1960s and early 1970s Henson projects. In many of the appearances unrelated to the "Glow-Worm" sketch, his nose was truncated.
- He appeared in the title role in Shrinkenstein, a 1965 industrial film made for Pak-Nit. Here, he was performed by Jim Henson.
- He swallowed Mack in a Southern Bell Telephone ad in the late 1960s.
- He appeared in a Sesame Street sketch from the first season where he ate Kermit's radio. (First: Episode 0039)
- He had a cameo appearance in the 1970 special Hey Cinderella!
- An animated version of Big V appeared in an episode of the animated Fraggle Rock series, parodying the "Glow-Worm" sketch.
- Big V appeared alongside Gorgon Heap in the 2010 comic book arc Muppet Snow White.