Beneath the Dark Crystal is a twelve issue series from BOOM! Studios that follows the events of The Power of the Dark Crystal. Scheduled as a monthly release beginning in July 2018, the title is written by Adam Smith with art by Alexandria Huntington.
- Released: July 4, 2018
- Solicitation: "Kensho arrives at the Crystal Castle where he was once a lowly acolyte and is asked to accept the responsibility as leader of Thra. But he will have to rectify sins of the past before he can decide if he - or anyone - is fit to rule. Meanwhile, the realm of Mithra is being rebuilt by the newly-crowned Ember Queen Thurma, whose own quest to decide the future of her land is thrown into question when another Fireling makes a claim as the true heir to the throne."
- Released: August 15, 2018
- Solicitation: "Kensho is free from the pressures of the Crystal Castle and back out in world of Thra, a place far wilder and more dangerous than he remembers. Meanwhile in Mithra, the challenger to Thurma’s throne is forced to prove her heritage."
- Released: October 2018
- Solicitation: "The challenge for the throne between Thurma and Nita begins in Mithra! Meanwhile, Kensho and his new companions visit a village with hopes of helping the locals…but things are not as they appear."
- Released: November 2018
- Solicitation: "Thurma and Nita must travel deep into Mithra to learn from a mysterious figure of their world’s past. Meanwhile, Kensho’s time in a local village opens his eyes to something that may change Thra forever."
- Released: December 2018
- Solicitation: "As Thurma continues to fight for her right to rule, both candidates for the Throne of Mithra begin their training under The Fire That Stays, but they both find out that they have a lot to learn before either of them are fit to be the Ember Queen"
- Press Release via Newsarama, March 23, 2018