Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790) was a scientist, printer, statesman, humorist, and one of the most familiar of America's founding fathers. His innovations include the lightning rod, the Franklin stove, and forming the first public lending library and fire department in America. As a diplomat, Franklin served as ambassador to France, where he became a beloved celebrity, and was crucial in garnering that nation's aid during the American Revolution.
- Telly Monster portrayed Franklin in Sesame Street's The American Revolution sketch where he supported the turkey as the national bird. He also played Franklin in an illustration in B is for Books!, depicting the signing of the Declaration of Independence.
- The Summer 1987 issue of Muppet Magazine features an illustrated Franklin in the comic story, "Star Cluck."
- Gonzo appears in the Muppet Book of Friendship dressed as Franklin to comment on one of the founding father's famous quotes.
- Steve Whitmire performed Benjamin Franklin in the Great Moments in Elvis History sketch in Muppets Tonight episode 101. The puppet was a reworked version of George the Janitor.
- Dr. Bunsen Honeydew appeared as "Bunsen "Ben" Franklin" in the coloring book Great Muppets in American History.
- The Sesame Street 1976 Calendar features Benjamin Franklin and His Kite for the month of June.