Beetlejuice is a 1988 horror comedy directed by Tim Burton about a recently deceased couple, and their efforts to keep their home from inhabitation via a "bio-exorcist" named Betelgeuse. The series spawned an animated spin-off of the same name, featuring a rambuncutious but more harmless Beetlejuice who routinely shapeshifted and took human friend Lydia on adventures in "the Neitherworld." The series was produced by Nelvana and ran on ABC Saturday mornings from 1988 through 1991 (and, for that last year, a new batch of episodes debuted concurrently on FOX).
- In the 1990 Muppet Babies episode "Gonzee's Playhouse Channel," Baby Animal spoofs the cartoon as Animaljuice, his own rendition of the shapeshifting Beetlejuice. Baby Skeeter also parodied the character as Skeetlejuice.
- Alec Baldwin played Adam Maitland in the film
- Dick Cavett played Bernard in the film
- Tara Charendoff voiced Claire Brewster on the animated series
- Alyson Court voiced Lydia Deetz on the animated series
- Geena Davis played Barbara Maitland in the film
- Paulina Gillis voiced Ginger the spider on the animated series
- Elizabeth Hanna voiced Delia Deetz and others on the animated series
- Michael Keaton played Betelgeuse in the film
- Catherine O'Hara played Delia Deetz in the film
- Stephen Ouimette voiced Beetlejuice on the animated series
- Glenn Shadix played Otho in the film
- John Stocker voiced Mr. Monitor and others on the animated series