Barbra Streisand is a singer and actor working in Hollywood since the 1960s. Her 1972 album Live Concert at the Forum features two performances of the Sesame Street original song, "Sing"; the first one as a medley with "Make Your Own Kind of Music" by Barry Mann and Cynthia Weil, and the second with "Happy Days Are Here Again". In 1977, she wrote "Evergreen" with Paul Williams for A Star Is Born, which earned them an Academy Award for Best Original Song.
- In The Fantastic Miss Piggy Show, Miss Piggy tasks George Hamilton and John Ritter with introducing her following number by reading some cue cards she'd prepared. Amongst the accolades attributed her include alleged comments from Streisand.
- The "Food" episode of The Jim Henson Hour features a fake commercial for an album of food-themed songs. One of them is "I Love a Puree" sung by Barbra Streisandwich.
- In episode 109 of Muppets Tonight, Whoopi Goldberg jokingly tells Piggy that she's always wanted to perform with "the world's greatest female performer...Streisand."
- During The Adventures of Elmo in Grouchland, Bug claims that Mandy Patinkin was more nervous working with Elmo than he was with Streisand. Additionally, Bug points out that you never see any Tickle Me Barbra dolls. for
- The Boss mentions getting Streisand for the Armageddon post-party in It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie.