Barbie is a doll produced by Mattel, which debuted in 1959. The toy soon became a best-seller and an iconic representation of femininity. Much like Miss Piggy, over the years Barbie has proven herself in a wide range of fields, as actress, doctor, stewardess, model, teacher, paleontologist, and Presidential candidate. Barbie has also moved beyond dolls, with appearances in books, comics, videos, and a role in Pixar's Toy Story 2 and Toy Story 3.
In 2006, two different Barbie dolls were sold each with a miniature replica of T.M.X. Elmo.
- On "The Incredible Shrinking Mokey", a postcard chronicles how Uncle Traveling Matt gets acquainted with tiny silly creatures Barbie and Ken.
- On The Jim Henson Hour, recurring characters Bootsie and Brad are parodies of Barbie and her boyfriend, Ken.
- In the 1999 film Muppets from Space, Fozzie Bear uses the Muppet Labs invention Door in a Jar to help the Muppets escape from the security guards in the C.O.V.N.E.T. compound. When the door turns out to be tiny, Miss Piggy quips, "Perfect. Somebody knock, and see if Barbie's home."
- On The Muppets Kitchen with Cat Cora, the Hasty Tasty Cooking Tips short "Frozen Fruit Fun" shows Pepe with his very own "Cat Cora action figure," made from a Barbie doll.
- Tim Curry voiced the Mouse King in Barbie in the Nutcracker and Philippe in Barbie and the Three Musketeers
- Martin Short voiced Preminger in Barbie as the Princess and the Pauper
- Cree Summer voiced Penelope the Dragon in Barbie as Rapunzel