The first commercial featured Kermit driving the vehicle in a desert, being stopped by a live frog crossing the road, yelling "Hey buddy, get off the road!" and "...sheesh, frogs!" The second variant had Kermit merely stop to passionately kiss the steering wheel. The featured soundtrack on each of the commercials was "Limbo Rock".
Spots and Ads
- Producer: Robert Gold
- Director: Stevan Treshow
- Director of Photography: John Andreas Andersen
- Precision Driver: Robbie Smith
- Puppeteer: Steve Whitmire
- German Voice: Andreas von der Meden (original dub)
- In 2004, the ad campaign had already featured (a silent) Kermit in stock footage from an episode of The Muppet Show, among other clips of cheerful individuals. The accompanying song was "Principle of Joy" by Thom.
- Later German airings featured a re-dub of Kermit. The commercial subsequently aired in several other European countries; mostly dubbed accordingly, and sometimes even edited differently, such as in France.