The British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) is a charity in the United Kingdom that hosts annual awards shows for excellence in film, television, television craft, video games and forms of animation. Several Henson projects have been awarded and nominated for BAFTA awards.
- "Light Entertainment Programme," won, 1976
- "Harlequin Drama/Light Entertainment," nominated, 1976
- "Design," David Chandler and Bryan Holgate nominated, 1977
- "Light Entertainment Programme/Series," nominated, 1977
- "Original Programme/Series," won, 1977
- "VTR Editor," John Hawkins and Tim Waddell nominated, 1977
- "Light Entertainment Programme/Series," nominated, 1978
- "VTR Editor," John Hawkins won, 1978
- "Light Entertainment Programme/Series," nominated, 1979
- "VTR Editor," John Hawkins nominated, 1980
- "Children's Programme (Entertainment/Drama)," Duncan Kenworthy won, 1988
- "Make Up," Sally Sutton and Jim Henson's Creature Shop nominated, 1988
- "Costume Design," Ann Hollowood won, 1988
- "Children's Programme (Fiction), Duncan Kenworty won, 1991
- "Design," John Beard nominated, 1991
- "Make Up," Sally Sutton and Jim Henson's Creature Shop nominated, 1991
- "Costume Design," Ann Hollywood and Polly Smith nominated, 1991
2007: 25 Years of the BAFTA Awards
2012: Red Carpet Show
Miss Piggy was the official red carpet host of the 2012 British Academy Film Awards on February 12, 2012 at the Royal Opera House, Covent Garden, London. The appearance was related to the February 10 opening of The Muppets in the UK and sponsored by Orange. The red carpet was not broadcast, but was posted online the next day.
In the segment, Miss Piggy talks to Gillian Anderson, Jessica Chastain, James Corden, Viola Davis, Adam Deacon, Michael Fassbender, Jon Hamm, Tom Hiddleston, Jonah Hill, Chris O'Dowd, Gary Oldman, Daniel Radcliffe, Octavia Spencer, and Tate Taylor.
Promotional pictures imply Miss Piggy was hoping to also meet Leading Actor nominees George Clooney, Brad Pitt, and (eventual winner) Jean Dujardin.
- Duncan Kenworthy is currently the Vice President of BAFTA.