Arnold is a cartoon character created by Craig Bartlett and the star of the Nickelodeon series Hey Arnold! Arnold was first created as a clay figure with a football-shaped head (so designed for easier reproduction), starring in the 1988 short subject Arnold Escapes from Church. This was followed by The Arnold Waltz in 1990. The third short, Arnold Rides His Chair, was commissioned for Sesame Street. A voice-over narrator invites Arnold to demonstrate his imagination, which Arnold does, visiting exotic lands without ever getting up from his chair. (EKA: Episode 2754)
- Bartlett is the brother-in-law of The Simpsons creator Matt Groening. The Arnold Waltz used a recording by Groening's father Homer, from 1965 of the Ainsworth School Band, and Bartlett's wife Lisa (Matt's sister) was an associate producer. During the early 1990s Arnold appeared in a series of comic strips published in The Simpsons Illustrated magazine.
- Dan Castellaneta provided the voice of Grampa Phil
- Ben Diskin provided the voice of Eugene
- Elliott Gould provided the voice of Rabbi Goldberg
- Mark Hamill provided voices in the episodes Das Subway and Weezing Ed
- Christopher Lloyd voiced the Coroner in Hey Arnold!: The Movie
- Lou Rawls voiced Harvey the mailman on Hey Arnold