April Fools' Day is an informal holiday celebrated every year on April 1. It is celebrated as a day when people play practical jokes and hoaxes on each other, both the jokes and their victims being known as "April fools".
- The Fraggles of Fraggle Rock celebrate two holidays similar to April Fools' Day - Fraggle Fool's Day and Joke Day.
- Kermit the Frog guest hosted the April Fools Day episode of Larry King Live in 1994.
- The Muppets' "Stand By Me" web video was released on April Fools' Day 2010. The Muppets tweeted about the video release with the hashtag #AprilFools
- A 2010 episode of Jim Henson's The Possibility Shop with Courtney Watkins focused on April Fools' Day
- The Muppets posted a special April Fools' Day video on their official Facebook page in 2014 featuring Kermit the Frog pulling a prank on Constantine. video)
- On April 1 2014, Sesame Street tweeted a picture of Elmo participating in the YouTube April Fools' "New Trend" of clocking.
- In 2014, The Perfume Shop announced fragrances for Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy on their social media accounts as an April Fool's Day joke. The joke was explained by way of a video featuring Constantine who was initially outraged by the announcement, but the joke eventually dawns on him.
- The online Muppet fan community has a long tradition of hoaxes and general silliness on April Fools' Day. In 2014, Constantine (with a special audio messaged recorded by Muppeteer Matt Vogel) took over the website toughpigs.com.
- In a special video message posted on various social media sites, the Muppets announce that they will no longer be known as "The Muppets" and will henceforth be referred to as "The Fabulously Famous Celebrities Formerly Known As The Muppets." (Facebook | Instagram | Twitter)