Anything Goes is a Broadway musical with music and lyrics by Cole Porter, and a collaboration on the book by multiple authors, including P.G. Wodehouse. The story is a love triangle aboard an ocean liner bound from New York City to London, where nightclub singers, mobsters, heiresses, and Royalty intermingle in a game of mistaken identities and cat and mouse.
Songs preformed by the Muppets
- "I Get a Kick Out of You" (Anything Goes)
- "You're the Top" (Anything Goes)
- - Kermit & Ethel Merman, The Muppet Show, episode 122
- "Friendship" (from the revival of Anything Goes)
- - Ethel Merman & Fozzie Bear, The Muppet Show, episode 122
- - Kermit the Frog and Robin, The Muppet Show, episode 519
- - Dolly Parton & Miss Piggy on Dolly
- The musical was spoofed with "Anyone's Nose", a segment of "Monsterpiece Theater" on Sesame Street, where a female monster sang parody lyrics to Porter's signature song from the musical Anything Goes, while Herry Monster, Elmo, and Telly danced with Grouch Glasses.
- Telly Monster also sang a parody of the titular song, "Everything Goes", as he packs for a day in the park.
- John Barrowman played Billy in both the 1989/90 the 2001 London revivals.
- Louise Gold played Reno Sweeney in London in 1990, and on the JAY/TER Studio Cast album.
- Bill McCutcheon played Moonface Martin in the 1987 Broadway revival.
- Ethel Merman played Reno Sweeney in the original Broadway production
- Leslie Uggams took over the role of Reno Sweeney in the 1987 Broadway revival