Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Anything Goes is a Broadway musical with music and lyrics by Cole Porter, and a collaboration on the book by multiple authors, including P.G. Wodehouse. The story is a love triangle aboard an ocean liner bound from New York City to London, where nightclub singers, mobsters, heiresses, and Royalty intermingle in a game of mistaken identities and cat and mouse.
Songs performed by the Muppets
- - Kermit & Ethel Merman, The Muppet Show, episode 122
- "Friendship" (from the 1962 revival of Anything Goes)
- - Ethel Merman & Fozzie Bear, The Muppet Show, episode 122
- - Kermit the Frog and Robin, The Muppet Show, episode 519
- - Dolly Parton & Miss Piggy on Dolly
- The musical was spoofed with "Anyone's Nose", a segment of "Monsterpiece Theater" on Sesame Street, where a female monster sang parody lyrics to Porter's signature song from the musical Anything Goes, while Herry Monster, Elmo, and Telly danced with Grouch Glasses.
- Telly Monster also sang a parody of the titular song, "Everything Goes", as he packs for a day in the park.
- John Barrowman played Billy Crocker in both the 1989/90 and the 2001 London revivals.
- Sutton Foster played Reno Sweeny in the 2011 Broadway revival.
- Louise Gold played Reno Sweeney in London in 1990, and on the JAY/TER Studio Cast album.
- Joel Grey played Moonface Martin in the 2011 Broadway revival.
- Bill McCutcheon played Moonface Martin in the 1987 Broadway revival.
- Ethel Merman played Reno Sweeney in the original Broadway production
- Jessica Stone played Erma in the 2011 Broadway revival
- Leslie Uggams took over the role of Reno Sweeney in the 1987 Broadway revival
- Jessica Walter played Mrs. Evangeline Harcourt in the 2011 Broadway revival