America's Got Talent is a reality television series on NBC. The series, which premiered in 2006, is a talent search competition that features singers, dancers, magicians, comedians and other performers vying for the top prize of $1,000,000.
The Muppets' appearance, 2007
The Muppets made a celebrity guest appearance in the two-hour finale of season 2 (aired live on August 21, 2007). Season finalist Terry Fator, a ventriloquist, impressionist and singer, performed a celebrity duet of "You've Got a Friend" with Kermit the Frog. The duo was joined by a chorus of Muppet chickens towards the end of the number. The act was then "judged" by a panel of Muppet judges -- Animal as David Hasselhoff, Beaker (in a wig) as Sharon Osbourne and The Swedish Chef as Piers Morgan. Miss Piggy appeared via a pre-recorded video message to wish Fator luck in the contest. Fator was later announced as the winner of Season 2.
The Muppets' appearance, 2009
Kermit, Miss Piggy and some chickens appeared on the show during the September 2, 2009 episode to sing "Don't Go Breakin' My Heart." Kermit was not performed by Steve Whitmire, however, but instead by Artie Esposito. Statler and Waldorf, who were announced, did not appear.
- During the week 7 round of season 2 performances, Terry Fator performed "What a Wonderful World" with his puppet Winston the Impersonating Turtle. Winston sang while impersonating "the world's most famous amphibian," Kermit the Frog; and Terry sang while doing a Louis Armstrong impersonation.
- Regis Philbin, season 1 host
- David Hasselhoff, seasons 1-4 judge
- Howie Mandel, seasons 5-present judge
- Brandy, season 1 judge
- Sharon Osbourne, seasons 2-4 judge
- Jerry Springer. season 2 and 3 host