Alien is a science fiction film released in 1979, directed by Ridley Scott. Doubling as a horror, the story follows the crew of a spaceship who is hunted down by an aggressive alien. The film spawned a number of sequels creating a franchise that includes comic books, novels, theme park rides and several crossovers (most notably with the Predator franchise; also Superman and others).
- A poster in the waiting queue of Muppet*Vision 3D features a spoof of the film's tagline: "In space, no one can find their shoes."
- Another poster decorating the attraction released years later spoofs WALL•E, and features the tagline "In space, no one can hear you meep!"
- In the Pigs in Space add-on level from LittleBigPlanet, Waldorf says to Statler: "In space, nobody can hear you scream", a more direct reference to the film's tagline.
- The opening of the Muppet Babies episode "Nanny's Day Off" uses footage from the second film of the series. After the opening credits, a sequence of shots establishing the film's ship Sulaco from space and the vessel's interior, segue into animation of Baby Animal being awakened from a stasis chamber.
- In a January 8, 2016 tweet, Fozzie Bear suggested a tagline for Kermit's movie pitch, "In space, no one can hear you croak." 
- In the 2004 film AVP: Alien vs. Predator, the following exchange takes place.