|Produced by:||Genius Entertainment|
Abby in Wonderland is a 41-minute Sesame Street direct-to-DVD production adapting Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland. The special was released in 2008. The DVD comes with a small coloring book with stickers from when you buy it from Kmart.
The production was created specifically for DVD release, but it also aired on PBS on November 28, 2008 as part of PBS Kids' "Feast of Favorites" celebration after Thanksgiving. It was aired again on December 29, 2008 during the holiday season.
Cast of characters
- Abby Cadabby as Alice
- Elmo as the Red Rabbit
- Grover as the Mad Hatter
- Cookie Monster as the Cheshire Cookie Cat
- Count von Count as the Counter-pillar
- Oscar the Grouch as the Grouch of Hearts
- Rosita as Little Rose (Rose-ita)
- Zoe as Mousey the Hatter Helper
- Ernie and Bert as Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum
- The televised version that aired in November 2008 featured a What's the Word on the Street? segment for "rhyme" (from Episode 4153) and the street scene for Episode 4161 to round out the hour (complete with "Octagon" opening and title card).
- The production received a limited theatrical release during September 2008 through Kidtoon Films.
- The Red Rabbit does not speak in third-person like his real-world counterpart Elmo does, a rarity among Elmo's Alternate Identities.
Merchandise and premiums
Any of Abby and Elmo's promotional appearances in book stores were based around the "T" party concept.
- October 1, 2008: Abby Cadabby and Elmo promote the DVD at Barnes & Noble's Tribeca store in Manhattan.
- October 4, 2008: Abby Cadabby walked the pink carpet at the Sheppard Grande theatre in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Following the pink carpet, there was a screening of the movie. (Tickets were available through contests with CHFI-FM and The National Post, and on the web.
- October 6, 2008: Abby Cadabby, Elmo, Grover and Cookie Monster visit Martha for a tea party to celebrate the release of "Abby in Wonderland" on DVD.
- October 8, 2008: Abby Cadabby and Elmo appear to promote the DVD at Barnes & Noble's Glendale, California store.
- October 8, 2008: Abby Cadabby and Elmo appear on Hollywood 411 promote the DVD.
- October 13, 2008: Abby Cadabby and Elmo appear on The Bonnie Hunt Show to plug the DVD.
Starring the Muppets of Sesame Street
- Leslie Carrara as Abby
- Kevin Clash as Elmo
- Jerry Nelson as the Count
- Caroll Spinney as Oscar
- Matt Vogel, Carmen Osbahr, David Rudman, Eric Jacobson, Fran Brill, Martin P. Robinson, Tyler Bunch, Rickey Boyd
With Muppet Performers
- Written by Christine Ferraro
- Directed by Kevin Clash
- Songs by Mark Radice
- Vocal Coach: Dave Conner
- Senior Producer: Melissa Dino
- Producers: Tim Carter, Benjamin Lehmann
- Co-Executive Producer: Kevin Clash
- Executive Producer: Carol-Lynn Parente
- Associate Director: Ken Diego
- Senior Muppet Consultant: Kevin Clash
- Assistant Muppet Captain: Matt Vogel
- Jim Henson's Creature Shop
- Design Consultant: Rickey Boyd
- Set Consultant and Street Set Design: Victor DiNapoli
- Storyboard Artist: Louis Mitchell
- Senior Graphic Designer: Mike Pantuso
- Sound Effects: Dick Maitland, C.A.S.
- Animation by Magnetic Dreams Animation Studio
- Cameras: Frank Biondo, Jerry Cancel, Shaun Harkins
- ↑ "Abby Celebrates DVD Release With Magical ‘T’ Parties", Sesame Workshop, 2008.
- ↑ Alliance Films and Sesame Workshop press release, "SESAME STREET’S NEWEST MUPPET, ABBY CADABBY, FLIES INTO CANADA AND MAKES HER DEBUT IN TORONTO AND IN “WONDERLAND”", 25 September 2008.