Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Written by||Ellen Weiss, Kiki Thorpe, Craig Shemin, Ben Eastman|
|Illustrator||John Barrett (photos), Corinda Cook (dust jacket and interior design)|
A Very Muppet Christmas is a Christmas book measuring 3¼ x 2¾", which is split up into three sections: Muppet Carols, in which traditional holiday songs are set to new "Muppety" lyrics; Letters to Santa from the Muppets; and several Holiday Tales, reworked in a Muppet fashion.
- "We Wish You a Muppet Christmas" set to the tune of "We Wish You a Merry Christmas"
- "Wreck the Malls" set to the tune of "Deck the Halls"
- "Piggy Fell" set to the tune of "Jingle Bells"
- "Please Rest Ye Grumpy Gentlemen" set to the tune of "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen"
- "Up on the Rooftop" set to the tune of "Up on the Housetop"
- "Santa Foz is Clowning Around" set to the tune of "Santa Claus is Coming to Town"
- "Moi's Christmas Tree" set to the tune of "Oh, Christmas Tree" ("O Tannenbaum")
Letters to Santa
- Fozzie asks for the bear essentials and asks why they're not called snowdeer.
- Gonzo tells Santa about how he discoverd he was an alien that year.
- Kermit asks that all his friends get what they want.
- Miss Piggy apologizes for not leaving any cookies and milk last year.
- Sam the Eagle discredits the grovelling done by Americans in letters to Santa.
- "The Night Before Christmas" retells the story of "A Visit from St. Nicholas" with Animal cast in the role of Santa Claus.
- "The Thrift of the Magi" is Miss Piggy's version of "The Gift of the Magi" in which she superficially struggles to come up with a gift for Kermit.
- "Yet Another Christmas Carol" casts the Muppets in the roles from A Christmas Carol, somewhat differently than their previous excursion. Kermit is Kermit Cratchit, Statler is Statler Scrooge, Scooter is nephew Fred, Waldorf is Waldorf Marley, the Swedish Chef is der Ghosty uv Krismus Repast, Fozzie is Mr. Fozziwiggles, Piggy as the Ghost of Christmas Presents, Gonzo as the Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come, and Rizzo as the boy who fetches Scrooge's Christmas turkey.