A League of Their Own is a 1992 film about the All-American Girls Professional Baseball League, formed in response to the lack of men available to play Major League Baseball during World War II. A line from the film, "There's no crying in baseball!" was rated 54th on the American Film Institute's list of the greatest film quotes of all time. In 2012, it was selected for preservation in the U.S. National Film Registry by the Library of Congress as being "culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant".
- In the 2014 Puppy Bowl, three puppies get a pep talk from Rowlf the Dog. When one of them whines, Rowlf says, "Aw, don't cry, you're a football player. There's no crying in football!"
- In a 2017 Vanity Fair video where the Sesame Street Muppets recite famous movie quotes, Elmo utters "There's no crying in baseball!"
- Penny Marshall directed the film
- Geena Davis played Dottie Hinson
- Tom Hanks played Jimmy Dugan
- Rosie O'Donnell played Doris Murphy
- Madonna played Mae Mordabito and recorded "This Used to Be My Playground" for the film
- Jon Lovitz played Ernie Capadino
- Hans Zimmer wrote the score
- Lowell Ganz and Babaloo Mandel wrote the screenplay, who also wrote the screenplay for the unproduced Jim Henson's Creature Shop-effects film adaptation of Into the Woods