Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Written by||Linda Hayward|
|Illustrator||Rick Brown, Tom Cooke, Nancy W. Stevenson, Maggie Swanson|
Sesame Seasons is a 64-page book with stories, recipes and activities that celebrate holidays and seasons throughout the year. The Sesame Street gang enjoy such seasonal diversions as groundhog watching, Easter egg hunts and the Twiddlebug Flower Dance of spring, counting fireworks in July, dressing up as a cookie for Halloween, using Cookie Monster as a Thanksgiving centerpiece, and eating snow mixed with frozen juice (from the kitchen of Betty Lou).
The anthology format and use of multiple illustrators (although all material was written by Linda Hayward) recalls the various Sesame Street Storybooks. Three photos of the cast of the time (including the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade float) are included.
It was reissued in 1989 under the title A Big Year on Sesame Street, with new cover art by Tom Leigh.
- The Sesame Street Gang (photo of the Season 10 cast)
- Happy New Year
- Springtime Fun
- Summer Days
- How to Press and Dry Fall Leaves (Brown)
- Halloween Costumes (Brown)
- Jack-O-Lantern Game (Brown)
- Halloween on Sesame Street (Brown)
- Witch's Brew (Brown; recipe)
- Grover's Jack-o-lantern (Stevenson)
- How the Pilgrims Did Things (Stevenson)
- Thanksgiving Day Parade (photo)
- To Granny Bird's House We Go (Stevenson)
- Setting the Thanksgiving Table (Stevenson)
- Winter Wonders
- Wintertime (Brown; poem)
- Snow Sherbert (Brown; recipe)
- Guy Smiley's Do You Believe It? (Diamonds from The Sky; Brown)
- Make a Present (Brown)
- Snuffie's Present (Cooke)
- Holiday Greetings! (photo from Christmas Eve on Sesame Street)
- Happy New Year from Oscar the Grouch (Cooke)
- Happy New Year from the Count (Cooke)
- Big Bird, Ernie, Bert, Oscar the Grouch, Cookie Monster, Grover (and Grover Knover), Count von Count, Mr. Snuffleupagus, Prairie Dawn, Betty Lou, Sherlock Hemlock, Biff, Sully, Guy Smiley, The Amazing Mumford, Rodeo Rosie (and Lance), Maria, Farley, Herry Monster, Rubber Duckie, Granny Bird, The Mudman, Gladys the Cow, Bruno the Trashman, Frazzle, Twiddlebugs, Bats, Pigeons