Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
5, Rue Sésame is a French language children's television series based on the American show Sesame Street, aired by France 5. Premiering on October 22, 2005, the series is the second Sesame Workshop co-production for France, which originally aired as 1, Rue Sésame in the 70s and early 80s.
The first season consists of seventy-five 26-minute episodes directed by François Basset and Jul Mallard. Co-produced by Expand-Drama and Sesame Workshop, it was broadcast daily from Monday to Friday at 8:25h am on Saturday at 7 pm and 12 pm and Sunday 6:35h. The final episode was filmed on December 21 in 2007.
Terry Fitzpatrick, Sesame Workshop's executive VP for distribution:
For the most part, characters in 5, Rue Sésame are unique to the series.
- Nac is a giant yellow monster, who's 2.2 meters tall. Nac fills the Big Bird role as the mascot of the show, and he shares Big Bird's sunny and gentle disposition.
- Griotte is an Lavender Anything Muppet girl in a wheelchair. Her puppet is the same design used for Roxie Marie, a now retired Sesame Street character.
- Yoyo is an orange monster with a tall head. He's very emotional and anxious, but he loves people and makes friends easily.
- Olive is a green, furry monster who's the firecracker on the street—naughty, fearless and always laughing.
- Elmo is a friend from the American Sesame Street—at 3-and-a-half years old, he's the youngest Muppet on the show.
- Georges the Penguin arrived on Rue Sésame inside an ice cube, and soon made friends with the other residents.
- Titouan is a retired older dad.
- Baya is the baker on the Street—she's confident and optimistic.
- Juliette is a young student who works at the newsstand.
- Régis Fassier as Nac
- Charlie Bazire as Olive
- Richard Sandra as Georges
- Christophe Albertini as Elmo
- Yves Brunier as Yoyo
- Evelyne Scheigam as Griotte
- Francoise Salmon (YoYo assistant)
- Barbara Beretta
- Daniel Beretta as Bart (Bert)
- Jean-Jacques Cramier
- Naïke Fauvea
- Bruno Magne
- Gérard Rinaldi as Le Comte (Count von Count)
- Pierre-Francois Pistorio
- Patrick Prejean as Ernest (Ernie)