|Produced by||Genius Entertainment|
Guest stars featured in clips on the set include: Madeline Kahn, James Taylor, Patti Labelle, Batman, Lena Horne, Happy Days' Fonzie, the Star Wars droids, Mister Rogers, Diana Ross, Pee-wee Herman, Feist, Smokey Robinson, Destiny's Child, and Robert De Niro, in addition to the various celebrities who appear in "Put Down the Duckie" and "Sing".
Each disc begins with a TV Montage introduced by Count von Count and featuring one clip from each of the 40 seasons (all of which are presented within the main program). Each five-year period begins with a look through a scrapbook representing the time periods, and many clips begin with behind-the-scenes photos related to the clip (with the first few seconds of audio heard over the picture). The set also comes with a commemorative booklet, a shortened 24-page version of Sesame Street: A Celebration - 40 Years of Life on the Street. Early copies were hardcover, but when distribution switched from Genius Products to Warner Home Video the booklet was changed to paperback.
Disc 1: Seasons 1-20
A * denotes that part of that clip was also featured in the "TV Montages" in this set.
- "People in Your Neighborhood" -- Elevator Operator and Pharmacist *
Disc 1 Bonus Features
- "Behind the Street" featurettes, which play when clicking the "enter" button when the Sesame Street logo appears on-screen, or can all be viewed all together by selecting "Play All".
- An interview with Jon Stone on research and curriculum, and the barriers the show broke.
- An interview with legendary puppeteer Caroll Spinney on Oscar the Grouch.
- Behind-the-Scenes footage on Dr. Nobel Price.
- Behind-the-Scenes rehearsal footage on "The Hello Hello Hello Song", "Two-Headed Monster: Telephone", "Bring Your Own Can Night", "The Honker-Duckie-Dinger Jamboree", "Friendship Song", and "Bert and Ernie: Snowman".
- An interview with Kevin Clash on the creation of Elmo.
- Easter Egg: One minute panning shot of the Street set from Big Bird's nest to the Fix-It Shop.
- Fan Favorite Clip - Bert and Ernie: String Tied
- TV Montage
- On-screen pop-up facts
- DVD Rom Feature: 189 pages of 40 years of credits in PDF format.
Disc 2: Seasons 21-40
- "ABC Hip Hop" *
Disc 2 Bonus features
- Behind the Street featurette, including:
- Bonus Behind-the-Street featurette, including:
- An on-screen pop-up feature with facts about Sesame Street.
- Sneak Peek: Abby's Flying Fairy School -- "Cinderella" episode
- TV Montage
- Easter Egg: Four and a half minute high speed montage of building the Sesame Street set.
- Link to sesamestreet.org/moresunnydays online DVD bonus.
- DVD-ROM: 189 pages of credits of 40 seasons of Sesame Street in PDF format.
Genius Entertainment partnered with Amazon.com to allow fans to vote for one moment from a list of 10 clips to appear on the release. Voting was open from April 1st to April 28, 2009. The winning clip, with 27% of the vote, was "Bert and Ernie String Tied."
The nominees and results were as follows:
- "Alligator King" (10%)
- "Bert and Ernie String Tied" (27%)
- "King of Eight" (5%)
- "Henson Ball" (3%)
- "Martian Beauty" (1%)
- "What's the Name of that Song" (9%)
- "I Just Adore Four" (1%)
- "Pinball Machine 12" (24%)
- "Caribbean Amphibian" (10%)
- "Elmo's Debut" (6%)
- "Kermit News: Sleeping Beauty" is presented with the late-1980s title card instead of the original.
- Herry's closing line, "Right!", in "Herry and John-John Count."
- Smart Tina's line "Do it, Roosevelt!", at the end of "Talking Loud/ Talking Soft."
- Lefty the Salesman's line "I didn't see nothing" at the end of "Invisible Ice Cream."
- The Martian sketch is edited at the end to omit them going extra crazy with their dancing and chanting "happy happy, boing boing!", etc.
- The last 10 seconds of "Me Lost Me Cookie."
- The opening wide shot in "Put Down the Duckie."
- Caroll Spinney wears a t-shirt with the Muppet Show logo on the back during behind-the-scenes footage of rehearsal of the "Hello Hello Hello Song" which is blurred out for the DVD release.
- Frank Oz is wearing a headband with his Muppet Show characters on it in behind-the-scenes footage of the snowman sketch. The images have been blurred out for this presentation.
- Caroll Spinney wears a Mickey Mouse t-shirt while rehearsing scenes from Episode 1576 which has been blurred out for the DVD release.
- A parody of the Birth of Venus from the Kermitage Collection can be seen on a wall in the bonus feature on the making of Abby Cadabby. The painting was blurred out for the DVD release.
- The celebrity version of "Put Down the Duckie" is listed as a season 18 segment. Although the song did debut in season 18, the celebrity version debuted later.
- In December 2010, Amazon.com released an online exclusive version of the set with a bonus disc containing episode 4228.
- The behind-the-scenes footage was later released in The iTunes Store as a full, half-hour segment with new pop-up facts. The behind-the scenes of "The Friendship Song" was also later included on Old School: Volume 3.