40 is a number that comprises the sequence of digits 4 and 0 of the Arabic Numeral System—the most widely used numeral system in the world. The number 40 was introduced on Sesame Street in 1986. The number 40 is also the highest number used in counting lessons on the show (not including "skip counting").
Although counting to 40 became a Sesame Street curriculum goal in 1986, many years would pass before the number 40 sponsored an episode (in the interim, the number 21 was the highest number to sponsor the show). The number 40 first sponsored Sesame Street in Episode 4187, the show's 40th season premiere.
Songs About 40
- Forty Blocks From My Home
- Grover the Baker: Mr. Johnson gets order number 40.
- Game show parody: Happiness Begins at 40
- Monsterpiece Theater: The 400 Blows
- Though rarely a sponsor in the US version, at least two episodes of Sesame Park and Plaza Sésamo had the number sponsors 40 and 39.
- Sesamstrasse's number 40 was not built by the Jim Henson Company, but by Franz Auer, the German co-production's in-house Muppet wrangler.
|Previous number:||Next number:|
|21||no next number|