0 (zero) is a number in the Arabic Numeral System—the most widely used numeral system in the world. The number 0 represents the concept of nothing—an absence of all other values. Since 1986, 0 has been featured on Sesame Street as a sponsoring number, in songs and skits, and as the Number of the Day. The earliest-known episode to be sponsored by 0 is Episode 2487.
The number 0 appeared as a Sesame Street Muppet in the street story of Episode 4142, voiced by Joey Mazzarino. In the story, the number 0 feels badly about being the number that represents nothing, and Big Bird helps 0 feel better about itself.
Songs About 0
Skits About 0
- Zero Cookies: Ernie and Cookie Monster count zero cookies.
- No Cookies
- An animated segment in which a number 0 is sad about being zero, until a coach tells him the advantages of being 0. (EKA: Episode 3826)
- An animated segment in which a little girl tells a friend she saw zero elephants at the zoo
- An animated segment in which the digit 0 is a drill sergeant, giving a roll call for the numbers 1 through 20. (EKA: Episode 0536)
- Zoe and Wolfgang the Seal demonstrate the number 0. (EKA: Episode 3971)
- A boy counts down to 0 as he eats his soup (EKA: Episode 2283)
|Previous number:||Next number:|
|no previous number||1|