"A Visit from St. Nicholas" is a classic Christmas poem written by Clement C. Moore. Also known as "The Night Before Christmas," it tells the story of how one man caught Santa Claus at his work. It has been spoofed by the Muppets multiple times.
- A Muppet Family Christmas: The Sesame Street cast performs the poem in a Holiday pageant where Ernie and Bert portray the Husband and Wife and the Two-Headed Monster portrays Santa Claus.
- Here Comes Christmas!: Sesame Street coloring book with Big Bird having visions of bird seed dancing in his head.
- The National Christmas Tree Lighting: Michelle Obama and Kermit read the story together at the 2011 White House ceremony. Obama also read the story with Abby Cadabby in 2013.
- 'Twas the Night Before Christmas at Walt Disney World Resort: Kermit appeared in the company's 2011 holiday greeting among park employees, including Mickey Mouse.
- Late Night with Jimmy Fallon: Jason Segel and Walter participated in a "Mad Libs" version of the poem on the December 22, 2011 episode. Jimmy Fallon recited the poem with inserts from some of his friends. Segel, accompanied by a silent Walter, provides the word "sexy" in the line, "But what to my wandering eyes should appear but a '71 Gremlin and eight sexy ferrets. 
- Sam the Eagle recites a variation of the poem in The Muppet Show Comic Book: The Four Seasons #4, "Winter".
- Cookie Monster takes part in a version of the story in the 2014 storybook 'Twas the Night Before Christmas on Sesame Street!